Just to let you all know. FYI. @bluehost our host for the website decided our servers were infected with malware. They didn’t know how it happened. We pay for security and assured protection. Kind of like have to payoff the mafia. The letter follows:
Thank you for taking website security seriously. Investing in security is the best way of protecting your website, visitors and reputation online. Sorry for the delay, it has been crazy busy…
Per our conversation, we can get your site cleaned and secured. We will provide you with the following services as part of this bundled plan:
- An initial manual clean by one of our engineers, will take 4-6 hours
- An daily scanning service to find and automatically remove malware from our code
- SiteLock Expert Services (engineers) for advanced cleaning and response
- A Firewall on our CDN (Content Delivery Network) connecting the site to a network of 30 global data centers, which block attacks against your website and accelerate performance.
See my recommendation below. These services are always billed annually for a 12 month term. See below:
SecureSPEED (ON-DEMAND) – Minimum Recommended Security
1. Daily SMART (Secure Malware Alert and Removal Tool) scan – automated malware removal
2. Premium CDN Firewall – 30+ global data centers, OWASP Security
3. ON-DEMAND Expert Services (manual engineering service) – $100 per service fee
1 site — $60/mo – 12 month term — $600/yr
29 sites — $30/mo per site — all 29 sites – $870/mo
Infinity Scanner (Advanced Cleaning – unlimited expert services) – 1. FULL Service Cleaning, includes Unlimited expert services from our engineers
**Can add a free Basic Firewall if there is NO SSL on the site
1 site — $90/mo – 12 month term — $840/yr
29 sites — $290/mo – 12 month term — $2900/yr
If you are ready to take the next steps, you will follow these steps:
1. Update billing information
2. eSign our service agreement
3. Provide us with your hosting credentials to configure services
4. We will do the rest
Please let me know if you have any further questions that I can answer for you. We appreciate your interest.
Just FYI – But they want to fix it for $2900 / year.
The server is back up after 3+ days outage.